Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Wednesday afternoon

 I had a productive afternoon.  I was able to file my sales tax with the State of Texas for May's business, they don't like it if you miss a payment.  I did some online banking and made sure all current bills will be paid on time.  I talked to Pastor Kevin and told him about the bus that I'll be taking from Houston.  It's called Red Coach and is only $30 to Austin.  It arrives in less than 3 hours.  They take two checkin bags and a carry-on for free.  The seats are recliners with wifi, plugs for laptops and an onboard entertainment system you can stream to your phone or tablet.  They start out from dowtown Houston and end up in downtown Austin.  Catherine may be able to get her son Mark to pick me up and get me to the bus which is about 40 minutes from Bush International Airport.  I could rent a car, but the drive is brutal after all the travel and the jetlag.

I was also able to alert the Travel Insurance that I may be filing a claim.  I have 20 days to get a claim in with documentation, so I'll deal with that when I'm back home.  I perked up quite a bit during the afternoon and then took about a 40 minute nap prior to 7pm dinner.  They brought it to my room.  Rice, mashed potatoes, steamed brocolli with cauliflower and lamb with what I think is papaya for dessert.  It filled me up!  They have a large garden here and the bulk of the veggies are grown at the convent.

It's nice and cool and raining outside my window.  I'll probably edit a few pictures before turning in early.  Getting as much rest as I can to try to shake this bug.  Blessings everybody.


1 comment:

  1. Are you in a hotel with good wi-fi yet?

    ReplyDelete