Saturday, June 11, 2022

More Saturday afternoon happenings

I got a nice nap after lunch and, as promised, got a few more pictures of the incredible birds here on the grounds of the Little Daughters of St. Joseph convent.  I know I got a few winners among many, many bad shots.  Such is the nature of photographing small, erratic birds.  The occasionaly diamond makes it all worth it and is its own reward for the effort.  All 6 of us from various parts of our Vision for Africa project will be traveling home tomorrow night, some on British Air and others, like me on Lufthansa booked through United, their US partner.

Once it became clear to me that I really am going to fly out of Nairobi late Sunday night, I got down to the business of booking the RedCoach from Houston to Austin.  I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like.  It's a great idea, I just don't see how in the world they can do it for $30 per passenger.

Several people came out of the woodwork this afternoon, dear friends all, asking if they could pick me up anywhere from Houston to Austin and all points in between.  I'd hate to see somebody spend 6 hours or more to save me a couple of hours, but I am humbled and very appreciative by the offers.  As it turns out, Pastor Kevin will pick me up at the bus stop on South Congress and get me home Monday night.  I've got a lot to share with him from this trip, that's for sure!

I contacted the other 5 missionaries here about doing an evening devotion and we decided we would get together at 10 in the morning.  I've got a couple of topics including one of my favorite devotions by Oswald Chambers entitled "What is a Missionary" as well as a few words about the end of the 2nd chapter of the Book of Acts which describes the fellowship of the believers.  I think it'll be a fitting end to the trip.  We'll have lunch, get one last shower and head for the airport, probably around 6pm.

I'l post more as our travel becomes imminent and then there will be a blackout during my flights.  I may be able to write a bit on the flight to Frankfurt and post from there.  The bus will have wifi, so I should be able to get word out that I made it back into the country OK by Monday evening.

Stay tuned, the final chapter is about to be written 

No comments:

Post a Comment