Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Cooling my jets at Little Daughters

 Slept in until about 6am, which is late for me.  It's Wednesday here. Had a pretty good night's sleep.  Took a hot shower and rinsed out four or five shirts and a pair of pants.  They dry very quickly at sea level, not so much at a mile high or more in Nairobi.  Still drinking, drinking, drinking water to stay hydrated. I'm feeling pretty good, my cough is pretty much gone and I'm just a little tired.  I've been going down to get my food at each meal in an N95 mask and bringing it back to my room.  Mid-morning, I strolled the grounds and got some great close-up shots of the incredible flowers here.  There is bench out front under a canopy of trees where lots of little birds have been flitting about.  I'm about to have lunch, then a nap and may sit out there with my big lens this afternoon to see if I can get some new species and take my mind off of the jam I'm in at the moment.  

I'm so blessed to have dear friends here to take care of me.  I will run out of my daily meds for blood pressure and malaria prevention Friday, fortunately most everything is available over the counter here, similar to Mexico and inexpensive to boot.  I'll have somebody make a run for me tomorrow to get me maybe 5 days worth of each on the hope that I'm winging my way home soon.

One of my friends mentioned the cheap bus service between Houston and Austin, I may have to buy an extra ticket for my bags.  If I can do that, I'll just need to get somebody to pick me up once I get back and get me home.  These buses have wifi and other amenities, but I'll probably be fast asleep the whole way!

That's it for the moment, more to follow as things change on my end.  Blessings everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like the adventure continues. Blessings on your recovery and an uneventful trip home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I am praying your negative test will be on Fri so that you can make your way back, my friend. The Holy Spirit gives you a great attitude despite the difficulties. I pray the Lord works out all the details (such as meds, rides, tickets). Rest and recover in the meantime. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope You get better and test negative asap! Love ya buddy!❤

    ReplyDelete