Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday at Amboseli National Game Park

 I woke up from the best sleep I have had the whole trip around 5:30.  Breakfast was at 6, I had pancakes, an omelet and sausage, knwing a hearty breakfast would help get me through the morning.  Three of us decided to relax in the morning.  The other five team members, after making sure I wouldn't be offended, suggested that I take the Land Cruiser by myself with the bird guide and driver.  They were interested in more animals and birding takes some patience once you are lucky enough to spot a special one, so I told them no offense and I was happy to oblige.  They gave me a nice gift.

I got over 1400 pictures including lots of birds, a whole lion pride with Mama, 6 cubs and Dad, a hyena, a pack of Jackals on a fresh kill, elephants, and much more.  Birds included pink flamingos in flight, African fish eagles, lots of shore birds, the Jacana (also known as the Jesus bird because it appears to walk on water as it takes flight!) and many more.

We all got back about 12:30, lunched at 1 and got ready for the two afternoon safaris.  I decided to take the afternoon off to relax, get caught up on the blog and begin to cull through all the images from the trip so far.  It's time for a break before we finish strong with a morning and an afternoon safari Monday, with one group going to a Masai village in the afternoon to learn about their culture.

That's it for now, I have lots of notes for many blog posts and there will be a big photo album within a week or two of returning home.  I am at the Tanzanian border now and am lucky to get this text out to the world.  Blessings everybody and thank you Jesus for an amazing trip so far!  I've checked a lot of items off of my bucket list this time!


3 comments:

  1. What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great adventure..Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blessing for you David

    ReplyDelete