Sunday, June 12, 2022

Got to Frankfurt

 Other than a screaming baby for about an hour at the start of the flight,  things were pretty uneventful.  We took a bus out to the plane and climbed 2 flights of stairs to a gangway In order to board. Even though there were more security checks than seemed necessary,  the Nairobi airport is much more efficient now with a lot less corruption possible.  This is a good thing since tourism is a major economic driver in Kenya.
I got some sleep after a dinner of chicken curry which was pretty bad. I made a couple of trips to the bathroom during the night, mostly to stretch my legs.  It’s easy to get deep vein thrombosis if you don’t move around and stay hydrated. We’re approaching Frankfurt as I write this with touchdown  only about 45 minutes away. It’s a monster airport,  with stairs and busses to navigate,  but we’ve got a nearly 4 hour layover, so I won’t be rushing myself. 
Got to Frankfurt a little early, so early our next flight wasn't on the board yet. I had a security check to end all security checks. I had to remove my outer shirt, get all electronics out, including laptop, cameras, Hotspot, cell phone and more. Once again I mentioned the artificial hip.  After the body scanner, I was patted down thoroughly and they even checked inside my shoes and socks. I must fit the profile.
They made us throw our water bottles away. I'm now sipping on a liter of Evian that cost 6.5 Euros. The Euro is worth $1.05 today, so this is my most expensive water ever at about $7. Hope I don't have to throw it out!
We've got about 2 more hours until the flight to Houston.  More to follow as I  can post. One leg of the journey down,  a flight and a bus ride to go. Blessings everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Blessings to you and safe travels! Carol Acurso

    ReplyDelete