Thursday, June 16, 2022

Nearly recuperated from jet lag on Thursday

I came back to 100 plus temperatures in Texas after being in paradise for the last 3 weeks.  It'd been 74 every day for a high in Nairobi and in the mid to upper 50's at night, with flowers everywhere.  There had been some rain while I was gone, so the lawn needed mowing.

I took it easy Tuesday and Wednesday, unpacking, catching up on laundry, stocking up on groceries, mowing the lawn and napping when necessary.  I worked on pictures from the trip, made a few phone calls to close friends and began getting receipts together from the mission in preparation for settling up with our business office at church for the team cash that I was sent with.  Slowly but surely, I am getting back on schedule with sleep, but it's been a little harder to adjust this time after being 8 hours different for nearly 3 weeks in Kenya instead of the usual 10 days to 2 weeks. 

Even though we did nothing but eat, eat, eat during the after-mission safari, I was a little surprised to find that I had lost 10 pounds.  Covid is not a good way to diet, but it seems to work!

I answered a few computer questions by phone, but resisted going on any repair calls until today, knowing that I wouldn't be in any shape to work on my own computers, let alone for a client.  I am starting to schedule service calls again and will be heading to Redeemer tomorrow morning to work with our business office on mission accounting.  More to follow as I get pictures from the vision clinic and the safaris ready to publish.  Blessings everybody!    

No comments:

Post a Comment