Saturday, June 11, 2022

The Doctor's Visit

 After getting my flights booked early this morning, I brought breakfast up to my room.  I had a couple of slices of toast, some bacon that was almost Candadian style and a banana with a cup or two of Nescafe.  Nothing but instant coffee here, but it's easy, the water cooler right outside of my room has a hot spigot on it, so it mixes up quickly.  It's now 10am and we're waiting to hear from the medical folks.  I think I'll wander the grounds for a while with my camera and see what I see.  

I spent about 45 minutes being very still in several locations and got a few good shots of the little sunbirds, sparrows and a bird that looks very similar to our American Robin, but without the distinctive white eye ring.  I've gone out and done this several times a day to get some fresh air and a stretch.  I think when I publish images from this period I will call it my Prison Series.  I would say one out of 20 shots trying to keep up with the little guys will be worthy of editing, they are very tough subjects indeed.  I've been known to try to get Dragonflies in flight, so I'm always up for what looks impossible.  Occasionally it works out and you get a very rare shot, since very few people have the patience, skill or desire to even try.  After all, a golfer is alwasy trying for a hole in one.  Without trying, it never happens.

I just came back from dealing with our local doctor.  Because United was quick to remove the test requirement for Covid from their system, I won't need a letter and am cleared to fly tomorrow night.  Yay! My next step will be to book the RedCoach bus from Houston to Austin, try to arrange for Catherine's son Mark to get me to the bus stop and finally to procure a ride from downtown Austin to the north side where I live Monday night.  It's finally all coming together.  What a relief.

It's just about time for lunch, I'll have a bite to eat and then a little nap as is my custom at home.  It's absolutely gorgeous outside, so I'll spend a little more time this afternoon with my fine-feathered friends posing for the Paparazzi.  More to follow as the travel begins to take shape.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment