Thursday, May 26, 2022

The Travel Begins!

 Everyone on the team received an email from Lufthansa at 3:30 this morning telling us our flight has been delayed 40 minutes.  With a little less than a 3 hour layover in Frankfurt, I'm a little concerned about missing our connection if anything else happens, so prayers for travel mercies are welcome!  Another email said the flight is nearly full and they're asking for volunteers to check their carry-on luggage.  Mine is full of cameras, a laptop, lenses and all sorts of other stuff with batteries which can't be checked, so I hope I don't draw the short straw.  Even if I kept my most fragile and valuable stuff under the seat in front of me, it would barely fit.  As I said on my Facebook page, anyone who thinks international travel is glamorous has not done it.  You just have to go with the flow.

The Austin team members will be driving down to Bush International Airport in Houston and hope to arrive at our terminal around noon.  The others are taking a shuttle from College Station that willl arrive at 12:30.  We'll make sure everybody has their assigned luggage for the team and themselves and then pray over our travels and the mission.  Then we'll proceed through security and get some lunch. I'm hoping my next blog post will be after an uneventful trek through security.  I'm currently waiting to be picked up, 5 of us are traveling in a pickup with about 15 pieces of luggage, it will probably look like the Beverly Hillbillies without Granny on the top!  Blessings everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment