Sunday, June 11, 2023

Reflections on our Sunday worship at Springs of Life Lutheran Church 5-28-2023

Now that we are back in the States and have a little more time, I'll be sharing a few more stories about the mission trip, the clinic, our safaris and our worship. During the trip, I often didn't have very good wifi and was forced to compose the blog on my phone right before bedtime. I was tired and didn't have access to many photos that would have enhanced the stories. There will be a full Google album of photos from every aspect of the trip within the next couple of week and I will link to it from my Facebook and from a post here on the blog. I still have approximately 2000 pictures to sort through and will need to edit the best ones. The subject of this post is the worship experience we had when Elizabeth and I returned from two days of safaris at Lake Naivasha and Lake Nakuru. We left Lake Nakuru by around 6:30 am after an early breakfast. We made good time and were able to freshen up for a few minutes at Little Daughters and check to see if our luggage had made it there yet. At that point, none of the luggage had arrived. We arrived at church around 10 am and found a seat on the right side of the congregation. There were women's, children's and adult choirs as well as an instrumental played by kids on brass instruments.
One of the highlights of the service for Elizabeth and myself was when Bishop Kea and Evangeslist Thomas Okello prayed over us to receive us as missionaries. Our friends in Kenya had seen on my Facebook that Redeemer prayed over us to commission and send us and, being excellent hosts, they came up with the idea of welcoming us with prayer. Thank you dear friends and thank you Jesus! The following picture is from that beautiful prayer.
More stories, pictures and snippets from the trip to come. Stay tuned! Blessings everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment