Sunday, June 4, 2023

At Heathrow. Yay!

We arrived at Heathrow with a little over 2 hours to clear security and board British Air Flight 191. My artificial hip didn't set of the metal detector,  but I did remove my belt and shoes for the scan. Our gate is right by where we came out of security. We were due for some easy going. We had pastry and coffee at Starbucks.  Mine was about 7 pounds.  I'm afraid to convert that into dollars. Mastercard will gladly do that for me on my next statement. The flight to Austin will probably be close to ten hours since we will battling the jet stream. I can't wait to be in my own bed and use a shower that is hot with great pressure. My last hurdle will be getting home from the airport.  I have a friend who agreed to pick me up but haven't been able to make contact.  Uber is my Plan B.  I'll post after our return about the last leg of our journey.  As usual,  I'll feflect on our time in Kenya and edit a ton of photos, then I'll write a summary of our experiences. I hope to write on this flight and post while waiting for my bag. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment