Tuesday, May 29, 2018

First little trouble overnight

After the wonderful meal at Darry last night, I'm sure that everyone turned in early.  I noticed the power was out in the middle of the night, but thought it was a brief rolling blackout, not uncommon here.  I got up early and checked the circuit breakers on our floor and they were all fine.  I tracked down one of the sisters here and before long, the generator was up and running.  Unfortunately, we depend power overnight to recharge our autorefractor batteries for the clinic and each one takes from 6 to 8 hours for a full charge.  We will probably not catch up from this the rest of the week, since each of our four machine has 4 batteries.  We can plug in 4 at a time and maybe get 8 batteries to full strength in a good night.  We are essentially starting out where we left off yesterday.  We will work around this setback, I'm sure.  Pray that all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment