Monday, May 28, 2018

A very successful day at both clinics in Nairobi

I just got done with dinner with the whole team and we all had a great day.  Each clinic saw over 300 people (not shabby by first day standards) and we know that lots of groundwork by both congregations and the dedication of dear friend Catherine Wangari played big roles in it.  Plus, we're doing the Lord's work, so He played the leading role!  We shared some of the high points of the day.  Alison told about working with a 22 year old Muslim man in the triage station, patiently going over the Gospel with him.  He told her he was a Muslim and after she said "I know", he said that he would one day like to be a Christian.  She said "Why not today?" and he said "OK".  After spending some time with Pastor James, he was baptized and I had the privilege of being there and getting some photos of the happy event.  We all welcomed him as a new brother.  Wow!  I also saw my friend Patrick early this morning and he said he would be around the clinic later.  He brought his grandfather, who couldn't see and it was unbeknownst to me at the time that one of the surgeries I authorized during the day was for him.  As we were boarding our van for the ride back to showers and dinner, Patrick approached me with an old man and to said his grandfather had already had the cataract surgery in our field surgical unit.  He had a bandage on his eye and they both were so happy that they would each be able to see each other again.  Thank you, Jesus!  They promised to visit me once the bandages were taken off.  How blessed we are to be a part of so many things like this that happened on the first day and we're just getting rolling.

Based on previous trips, I will not be more tired than I am right now.  Getting things running smoothly is quite an effort, but it pays off the rest of the week.  I'm ready for an early night and an early morning.  Blessings, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment