Saturday, May 26, 2018

A great first day in Nairobi

I had the best sleep for a first night of any of my trips so far.  I was able to get a hot shower and be in bed by 12:30 am and arose at 5:15 am reasonably refreshed.  While 4 to 5 hours of good sleep might sound like a short night, relative to my other experiences, it was pretty good.  We had breakfast at 6a m and were on the way to the game park by 7.  We saw many of the usual suspects including Giraffes, Zebras, Baboons, Impalas, Water Buffalo, Rhinos, a Crocodile, Hippos, Hartebeests and others.  No Lions this time.  We spent nearly 5 hours on the safari and I got some great shots of an African Widow Bird and some of my best Superb Starling shots ever.  I was in a Land Rover with the more serious photographers of the group and was blessed to have my good friend Barrack along for the ride.  After the safari, we went to The Veranda, a very nice outdoors restaurant with good food and very nice gift shops.  Once lunch and shopping were over, we headed back to Little Daughters for some rest until dinner.

As I write this, it's about half an hour until dinner at 7pm, during and after which Kevin and I will divide our group up into teams and announce worship times and other details for Sunday in Nairobi.
The wifi in our convent is pretty good now, so I'll be hopefully sending out more news soon and possibly even post some pictures.  Blessing to everybody and thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment