Sunday, November 15, 2015

At Charles de Gaulle airport

We landed on time and had to show our passports and boarding passes right after we deplaned, then went through an extra baggage and body scan before proceeding to the buses that route people to their terminals.  This place is huge! It took several stops before we got to Terminal L, then one moving sidewalk after another before we even got close to L53, our gate.  Sandra and I are enjoying some hot tea for her and a black coffee for me.  I remembered to take my morning meds, the coffee was scalding hot, so it had to cool for a little while.

We got through the security almost without incident, my autorefractor shot right through, while they examined and swabbed the one Sandra was carrying for explosives.  We thanked the security people for keeping us safe.  With our long layover, it was easier not to get testy at delays.

I switched over to my laptop here at the airport, they have free unlimited wifi that is pretty fast, and premium speeds for a fee.  Much easier to write with a keyboard and wireless mouse.  The Zochs have gone to check out the terminal, while we stayed here in a coffee shop 10 gates away to relax for a while, email our families and post updates on Facebook and here on the mission blog.

I was able to gather up all of mine and Sandra's pictures and will see what the Zochs can share.  I also have some great pictures my friends Barrack, Frank and Jarrod got around the clinic and in the immediate neighborhood that no "muzungu" (Swahili descriptive term for white person) could ever get because the situation would change by our mere presence.  I'll begin posting some pictures soon after our return and hope to have a completed nice album to share well before Christmas so our team can share with their families over the holidays.  That's all for now, I'm praying my next post is from Austin.  If it's from Paris, it means we had some more travel fun.  Keep those prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment