Sunday, November 15, 2015

An hour from Paris

Our flight from Nairobi left about 45 minutes late, but we've made up for it and will arrive in Paris on time.  It is a pretty full plane, a Boeing 787 Dreamliner operated by Kenya Airways.  This is my first time flying with them.  The food and the service have been very good.  Dinner shortly after takeoff was a choice of beef, chicken or vegetarian.  I had the beef with mashed potatoes, green beans and then strawberry shortcake for dessert.  They occasionally bring a refreshing cold wipe for your hands and face. I like that about as well as the hot towels on KLM. We just had a light breakfast of a croissant, yogurts and fruit salad.  At this point, we're about an hour from Paris and are not sure what to expect. We have a four and a half hour layover, so even if security is very heavy, we should make our Air France flight to Houston.  From what I have read so far, the French are determined to keep all flights operational.  I say good for them.  If that wasn't the case, the bad guys have won.

The only glitch I'm aware of for our travel so far is we understand that the Salem leaders, Paul, Kevin and Catherine got bumped from their very full KLM flight to Amsterdam.  There seems to be a theme here, teams arriving without their leaders.  The other teams arrive in Houston about 45 minutes after we do, and Alison is with them.  I'm hoping she clears Customs about the time we're loading my truck for the ride back to Redeemer with the footlockers, since she's riding with me. I'm glad to have her since after the long journey a second driver can be a Godsend.  There have been times I've made it to Giddings or Elgin and had to pull over for a short truckers nap.
I'm writing this on my smartphone, so please pardon typos and weird spellchecker grammar that may have crept in.  Hopefully, I'll be able to post this and more from Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment