Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Getting ready for takeoff! Let the adventure begin!

We all made it through security without incident, but Elizabeth and I are having trouble getting seat assigments for the British Air flights from New York to London and for London to Nairobi.  We'll just have to deal with that at JFK at the British Air counter.  I always say "Anybody who thinks that International travel is glamorous hasn't done it!"  We have a four hour flight to New York and only a two hour layover, which might sound like a lot, but JFK is huge and I'm sure we'll have to go from one end to the other to get to British Air.  Pastor Kevin and I did it once and I wish I had counted the number of escalators and elevators we took in the process, it seemed like 20 or more.

Once onboard and flying to London, we'll have dinner and then it's always a good plan to try to sleep as much as we can to get acclimated to the eight hour time difference we will have in Kenya.  We attempt to stay awake from London to Nairobi, so that we'll be exhausted and might sleep the first night after we arrive around 9pm and make it to our lodgings around 11pm or midnight.

We only have a two hour layover in London as well and that may be a scramble, so I might not be able to post again until possibly Friday sometime.  I usually write blog entries on my phone during the flights and send them out whenever I'm in wifi range.  Keep us in your prayers for travel mercies and an effective mission.  More to follow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment