Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Ready to head to London

On the plane ready to leave the gate on time. 
Correction: we left the gate on time, taxied for 35 minutes and there was a problem with our runway. We taxied, along with about 40 other planes, to a different runway and finally took off an hour and twenty minutes late. Our captain has done a good job of making up a lot of that lost time. I am in the very back row, up against the bulkhead,  not prime real estate.

While we were at JFK, we had just enough time to hit a NY food court with Italian favorites and other iconic foods.  I had 2 slices of NY style pizza and it was quite good. 

Once we were airborne,  dinner was served a couple of hours into our flight. I had chicken with mashed potatoes and it was unexpectedly good compared to previous British Air experiences. 

While we were taxiing endlessly,  I was able to strike up a conversation with one of the crew. He too, is a drone pilot, had recently crashed and also had a very good experience with DJI rapidly issuing a replacement. He liked hearing about our mission. We just had the equivalent of an Egg McMuffin for breakfast and it was also way better than the past. While my crew friend was serving the food, I expressed concern about our connection since we are all in the back of the plane and won't have more than an hour and a half to get through security and board. He assured me that we will probably be nearby our next flight. Over the years, during massive construction at Heathrow,  we have had to walk great distances and take busses from one terminal to another. I feel better now and will know soon enough as we are less than an hour from touching down. We're praying that my next post doesn't include missing our flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment