Thursday, November 3, 2016

At JFK

We got some lunch at 1pm Austin time and then headed to Terminal 7 from Terminal 8.  We went to the British Airways counter to check our seat assignments and an angel behind the counter named Constance not only got Ralph and I the aisle seats we wanted, but also got Dora and her luggage transferred tour flight AND even got her an aisle seat!  Thank you Jesus!


After that, we had to go through one more security check and the TSA folks wanted to examine our autorefractors, so we got a chance to talk about what we do in Kenya.  One of them had a 2 year old son whose eye had been injured when his 8 year old brother had hit him in the face with a basketball.  He wanted my advice on how it should be treated.  I told him I’m a computer guy, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express.  We all got a good laugh and we all wished each other God’s blessings as we parted company.  We are in another food court now while I write this.  We will be rushing through Heathrow and will have an early morning safari Saturday, so with the 8 hour time difference (9 hours after Saturday night) I may not be able to get another post out on the blog until sometime Saturday.  We will make every effort to let our families know we got to Nairobi OK, though.  Until next time, God’s blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment