Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday preparing to come home

I'm sitting in our LCMS International Mission offices in Nairobi down the road from where we stay. Howard, Martha and I saw the rest of the team off on their safari around 8am and then worked on taking inventory of our remaining supplies.  I am waiting for Catherine to come and unlock her office so I can tuneup her computers.  After that, I'll get some lunch and a shower, a little nap and a I may be be able to add to the blog before we head for the airport around 6:30pm.  We totaled up the vision clinic stats this morning and we saw 2,452 people.  I don't have a total for dental yet, but I suspect they had 12-1300 patients, all of whom were evangelized and prayed over by our triage team. Thank you Jesus!

Over the next week, as the jet lag subsides, I will have some profound and some funny stories about this mission.  We have had lots of technical Internet glitches this time, so several hundred pictures that should be available to you by now will be posted soon after our return.

We fly out around midnight Nairobi time and arrive back in Houston around 3pm Sunday.  Please pray that we have a safe, uneventful and restful trip home.  After customs and the drive back to Austin, I should be in my own shower and then my own bed around 8:30pm if past history is any guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment