Friday, October 22, 2010

Final Preparation and Packing for the Dental Clinic in November

We've been very busy for the last few weeks on the dental side of the mission trip procuring last minute items such as headlamps for the Nairobi dental team, batteries to run them and the like.  We (Martha, Howard, Louise and myself) had the "party" described in my previous post on Wednesday night, October 13th at Casa Genz.  We consumed a large pizza and counted, bagged and labeled thousands of pills.  There were antibiotics, painkillers and Benadryl, which is used to curb allergic reactions.  I brought my laptop and a small laser printer and handled creating the labels as needed and affixed most of them to the bags the others had already filled.  I had bought 3 pill counting trays from one of my customers, Nucara Pharmacy, and once the gang got used to using them, it was pretty amazing how quickly things went.  It only took about 4 hours to complete the job.  Tomorrow, Saturday October 23rd, Martha and I are going to meet Gus Jacob and Dr. Terry Councill (our Houston dentist) at Salem Lutheran Church in Tomball to pack the dozen or so footlockers with the medications, dental instruments and other supplies that will be needed.  The next time we see these footlockers will be November 11th at Bush International Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment