Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Tuesday the clinic really began to roll

 We saw 500 patients on then nose and could have done a few more if we didn't have to drive across Nairobi for our team dinner.  Our volunteers are doing a stellar job and they will need to keep it up since 3 of our team will be visiting Catherine's school in Kongasis tomorrow and those who have never done a photo safari will get a chance Thursday or Friday morning.  

Our day started out with a hearty breakfast at our hotel.  It's a nice place with a mall and all kinds of food in walking distance.  The only downside is the bathrooms are poorly designed with a shower with no curtain adjacent to the commode so the whole room gets wet.  Not only that, but the water has only 2 temperatures, scalding hot and inferno. I need to try to get this sorted out.  I've practically had to take a washcloth bath halfway through a shower when I can't take it anymore.  I thought it was only me until the team brought it up and we all had the same experience. Wow!

Our team dinner had me sitting between Catherine and her mother who dearly loves me. Pictured below is me giving Mama Hershey Kisses and Catherine Peanut M&M's, delicacies they can only get from the States. It is already 10:30pm here and we expect to see large numbers of people if tonight's rains don't turn the outside into a mudslide. Time for some good rest. Blessings everybody!




1 comment: