Thursday, May 30, 2024

Friday May 31st - Early morning before breakfast and ride to school

 I got about 4 hours of good sleep last night. Amazing what total exhaustion will do for you! I have maybe 10 minutes before heading to breakfast and we drive out to the countryside for our visit to Catherine's school in Kongassas (sp?).  I believe the Amboseli crew of Kevin, Jon, Elizabeth and Finnegan decided to go ahead and drive out to the game park because the train was not available.  Depending on a lot of factors, that's a 6-to-8-hour drive so they may already be on their way.  It is 6:30am here, we breakfast at 7 and leave right away.

Lot of lost luggage to deal with and other issues last night. We got through customs and immigration in record time with their new electronic visa system.  We made friends everywhere we went.  One policeman named Morris came up to Rudy and I and asked permission to shepherd Rudy through the whole process, so who was I to say no?  Rudy is 85 and apparently one of this saints' duties was to take care of our seasoned citizens.  He was a great guy. Of course, I joked around with the folks at the immigration window and had everybody laughing. One guy remembered me from previous trips, I must be a questionable Christian! (That's for you, Laura!)

Our drive to the Little Daughters of St. Joseph convent was uneventful, but I think I left a flannel shirt in the van, hoping to find it today. Gotta head to breakfast, more this evening our time, we're 8 hours ahead of Austin time. Blessings everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Following daily. Thinking of you all often. Look forward to next post. - Hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And YES you ARE! We are all blessed by you - Laura

    ReplyDelete